Serving in: Brumado, Bahia, Brasil

Friday, October 15, 2010

My apologies for not keeping Kevin's Blog up-to-date! We have been "blessed" with many life-changing events in our family since July!! Kevin's sister Kim was married and his dad was offered a new job at BYU-I a. We had to pack up him up and he had to leave the same day school started for me in Vegas (I am a teacher.). Kevin's younger sister Shelly is a senior in HS and she made the Varsity Volleyball team...and recently Honor Choir. We decided to let Shelly finish her senior year in Vegas. Then there is the matter of selling the house and a business....and I even missed writing Kevin one week! Kevin has also been sending us recordings - which I will attempt to include portions of them in future blog entries! All in all - life is good - and we appreciate your prayers and support as Kevin fulfills his mission for the Lord at this time in his life. Things have begun to settle down and I hope to be able to update this blog on a weekly basis! So here is the most recent letter from Elder Allen. Following this entry are the missing weeks....if you are interested in taking the time to read them...... :o) Enjoy! Denise - Kevin's Mom


Oct 13, 2010

1 -Tell me about your companion.

Elder Nascimento is from Fortaleza. He has almost 6 months on the field. He is a musician and can play just about anything. He has a bro that went on a misison and his whole family are converts. hes a tight dude. haha

2 - It sounds like you are going to leave this area next transfer. What are you
going to rememberŠ.or take with you from this area? Who has touched you and
helped you to be a better missionaryŠ..a better person?


Im going to take Alot!! i turned senior and then LD here, so i have alot of experiance to take with me. I´ll take alot of memories and have friends here i will never forget, like Caló, Emerson, Pelegrini, and many more.

3 - Are you training someone to take your place as District Leader when you
leave? Or is that not how it works?


no, who ever takes my place just becomes LD

4 - I was reading in one of the Missionary Blogs I follow that Elder Jones is in
your area? I know he helped you through some tough times. Have you gotten
to see or work with him again?


Elder Jones is really tight. He and Elder Purcell (my LZs) are pushing me to do better then how i am doing. Sometimes it annoys me but im trying to be humble and take their help. Which im doing. I havent gotten to do a real division with Jones yet, but im sure i will soon. I will miss Purcell when he goes home in two weeks.

So not much else is new just working with Nascimento these last two weeks of the transfere. He is doing super good and we are really enjoying ourselves.

i added another recording. remember if u want me to say anything in portugues or what not. do tell me!!!

Well, im gonna work my butt of these next two weeks and try to leave the next person lots of people to work with, since we wont be able to have more baptisms. But its gonna be good. whens my next package?!?! haha love ya

until next week!!

Kevin sent one additional email:
oh also Sydni is demanding blog updates. haha so your gonna have to catch up or something so people dont start complaining. :D love ya

**** Thank you - Sydni - for the extra little “push” to update Kevin’s Blog!!! Sometimes I wonder if anyone really reads it! Good to know you do!!! ;D ****

Serving from 8/09-11

Brazil Time

Send letters/packages to:

Elder Kevin Allen
R: Lucia 295 Salas 202/203
ED. Empresarial Lucaia
Horto Florestal, Slavador - BA
CEP: 40.295-130 BRAZIL

Followers