July 13, 2010
Hope you are all having fun in Utah or home. haha its been getting hot here again, which i dont like. its supposed to be cold, but idk whats going on with the weather. its still raining alot though. Work is somewhat going, its been a bit slow since Amarante has been a bit sick lately, but im being patient. not much else is new.
We asked Kevin a few questions in our email:
Aunt Pat wants to know if you have had Portuguese sweet bread? Shawn ( who served in Sao Paulo) gained about 10 pounds with the stuff. He loved it.
I think i have had sweet bread here, not sure if its the same thing though, but yes its good. i havent found a place that makes really good bread here though. Had a bakery close by in conquista, but here they arent as good yet.
Your bank account shows some purchases at the supermarket. Are you needing more food money…..or are you just having some fun making cookies!?! I love to hear that you are cooking!!!! Ha!
Yea, i have been trying out some reciepes that sydni sent to me. I have had some free time to try some out. I have pictures of the no-bake cookies u made but they didnt turn out well, cause the cocoa powder is expensive and i tried it with chocolate powder, but didnt turn out well. so i bought the cocoa powder and will try that. haha
You haven’t received any Mission Ties letters from me in the last couple months?....nor Shelly’s birthday card? Very strange. I don’t even remember what package I sent “way back”….so we will assume it was lost. I will mail one this week. I think I will cancel the MissionTies subscription.
yea, i dont know whats going on. i have gotten a card from the Mitchells and one other but from you guys...nothing yet, its annoying.
In his audio recording, Kevin shared a few more details about his companion’s illness. He could use some extra prayers sent his way. Last week we asked him to share his Mission Theme with us in Portuguese. When I get back to Vegas….and if I can figure out how to extract that part of his recording…I will include his response in a future blog. Meanwhile – his Mission Theme and Purpose is located in the first chapter/first page of Preach My Gospel and the entire text of D&C 4. His main focus this week was the health of his companion. Missionaries work in pairs – so when one is sick – both companions stay in the house until the companion has recovered. Aside from cooking, Kevin says he has been spending extra time reading the Bible!
Serving in: Brumado, Bahia, Brasil
Brazil Time
Send letters/packages to:
Elder Kevin Allen
R: Lucia 295 Salas 202/203
ED. Empresarial Lucaia
Horto Florestal, Slavador - BA
CEP: 40.295-130 BRAZIL
R: Lucia 295 Salas 202/203
ED. Empresarial Lucaia
Horto Florestal, Slavador - BA
CEP: 40.295-130 BRAZIL